Tuesday 8 June 2010

Digital Camera Class 7: Term 3

Tonight’s class started off at the school in the classroom, with a presentation on Photo Composition.  I introduced the group into what are known as the “Six Rules of Photo Composition”.

They are as follows; SimplicitySymmetrical Balance, Asymmetrical Balance, Radial Balance, Rule of Thirds and Framing.  Click each one to get a definition.  Having looked at a few examples of each, I set a homework project where I wanted one example of each of the rules!   Download the slideshow from class by clicking here.  If you have problems opening the document, go to www.adobe.com and install Acrobat Reader.

For the second half of the class, we drove down to The Knap where along the way, Mandy bought a loaf of bread, and we planned to take pictures of the seagulls against a sunset sky. The sunset wasn’t that fantastic, but the birds went crazy for the bread!

image

I didn’t take very many pictures myself, I was nominated to throw the bread (and I ate a few slices too)…it was all very reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock’s famous film “The Birds”!   Talking of which, next week’s class will be at the Welsh Hawking Centre, where they have promised to put on a show, just for us. Check back next week to see how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment